Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 2- Is It Wrong That My Sexy Voice And My Dog-Cat-Baby Voice Are The Same Thing?

Ahhhhhhh, glorious freedom. Our first official day not in Inuvik.  What better place to start off a vacation then in the Not-So-Beautiful-Industrial-I-Only-Exist-Because-Of-The-Airport-Alberta town of Leduc.  With that being said, it was time for Colleen and I to pack our bags and head our separate ways for a few days.  She would be heading home to Kamloops for a couple of days before flying to Rome and I back to the lovely Toronto suburb of Bradford that my parents still call home. 

Side Note: The reason we both went home for a couple days before flying to Rome was that because we had booked our flights out of Inuvik on Aeroplan points, they had to be roundtrip fares departing and arriving in the same destination.  Since we would both be returning to Inuvik from said destinations, we felt it best to just return to our parental units for a couple days before returning to the old country.

Side Note #2: What you just read above is the excuse I give to Colleen as to why I went to Ontario for a couple of days.  The truth is that I needed some time away from her before being locked in a cruise ship cabin for fifteen days with her!

Side Note #3: Colleen is going to punch me in the testicles for writing Side Note #2.

After saying our goodbyes, it was off to Toronto for me, but unfortunately my flight was not nearly as eventful as the one from the day before.  In fact, it was rather uneventful, and I sadly did not make in to the news until a few weeks later when my pet monkey stylish sidekick decided to show me up outside of an Ikea.  My loving mother met me at the airport and whisked me back to the residence of her and my other ex-roommate/father, Brian P. Moreau. The thing that always strikes me about coming back to Bradford is how much it has changed over the years since my family first moved there fifteen years ago.  What was once a quiet little country town is now bustling suburb full of things like Swiss Chalet, traffic lights, and non-European immigrants!

While the parents were happy to see me, Mr. Bubbles my oldest feline friend in the world did not seem amused to see me. I like to think that Bubbles is my friend and brother, and my other human brother went as far as to make Bubbles' his own Facebook page. In reality, all he wants is for me to smuggle him some food out of his automatic feeder when my mom is not looking.  My mother swears he has lost weight, although when you're a morbidly obese thirty pound cat (true story) a pound here and there isn't really going to do much for you.  TT, Bubbles' much more slender and younger brother apparently didn't miss me either, although it still didn't stop me from talking to them in my baby voice and pretending they gave a shit.  Come to think of it though, I wish my girlfriend would put me on an automatic timed feeder.  I would definitely have a few less rolls in the belly and a few more nickels in the piggy bank.

~Brentski~

No comments:

Post a Comment