Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 92- Canadianness. Should Be A Word.

As is often the case after a night of heavy consumption, the next day was a complete write-off.  I do not have the science to prove it, but I am almost 100% certain that every hangover I encounter as I get older seems to be worse than the last one.  Colleen and I eventually rolled out of bed sometime after lunch and headed out for some pasta.  Not surprisingly, my stomach was having none of it and it was a mission and a half just to force a little bit of food down.  This futile attempt at eating was followed by a return trip to bed where we spent the bulk of the day pondering the poor life decisions we had made the night before. 

Sums up our feelings for the day.

 
Only after dinner time were we able to finally collect ourselves enough to make a public appearance.  We had arranged to meet Amber, Amy and some others at Banyan Bar for dinner.  Colleen introduced Amber to the amazing world of poutines, and all the Canadianness that comes with it!  Contrary to the previous night, none of us  were really in the mood to drink as we were all pretty brain-sore from the night before. 

Back at the hotel , it was an early night for Colleen as she was going diving the next day.  Myself, well I did manage to get a couple of "hotel bed beers" into me before giving myself to the night.

~Brentski~

No comments:

Post a Comment