Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 64- Be Careful With That Arrow Or I Shall Dutch-Oven Your Ass Later!

Another day on the island of Koh Phangan, another day cruising around the island on a moped, and another day of Colleen being scared shitless to ride on the back of a moped with me due to our now numerous crashes.  On that note, we ventured out on what was to be our last day on the island and attempted to make the most of it.

Cruising around the less populated north side of the island was a nice slow start to the day.  But we needed more.  After our failed attempt to locate an archery range that would take our business a couple of days earlier, we decided to try and locate another archery range.  Thankfully, this time we stumbled upon that was open and the two of us were quickly outfitted with some arm brace contraptions and leather finger holders.  I'm guessing this is something that people who partake in archery wear on the regular, so I just strapped on and loaded my arrows like the Robin Hood I am.  Immediately upon shooting (is this what you call it in archery?) our first arrow, Colleen and I both realized that our arms were destroyed from the previous day's activities on the Wipeout course.  I also discovered that I aim better without the little aimer thingy  and quickly took it off when the woman who was supposed to be babysitting us wasn't looking. I would also like to point out that despite the appearance of not being a sport that requires an extreme amount of physical exertion, partaking in archery in Thailand can cause one to suffer from an extreme case of swamp ass.  In fact, I am was actually thinking of opening up a swimming pool in my ass for one of the local ant colonies.  They could probably set-up a wave pool if they really wanted to.  We both had several great shots and many that would probably make a blind man cringe, so I am still up in the air as to whether or not we have a future in competitive couples archery.  My guess is we just got a little bit lucky with a few arrows.
Bulls-eye! No doubt about it!
 

Much better than couples' therapy.

Hair + Arm brace = pure intimidation.

Archery was fun, but if there is one thing I enjoy more than archery it is dirty Mexican food.  So, we set out with our trusty map and headed half way across the island in search of "Ando Loco" in the main town on the island, Thongsala.  Mexican food is a rare treat for me, as there is none where I currently live in Inuvik.  I thus took it upon myself to gorge on fajitas and burritos like there was no tomorrow.  There was also a good chance that Colleen was going to be the victim of multiple Dutch-oven attempts later that evening or the very least have to deal with super-human farts.  Either way, it would seem to be a win-win for her.  Not.

Island life is the good life.
I used my new found Mexican inspired farting power to propel our motorbike back across the island towards our resort.  Seeing as how it was our last night, we decided to stop at a couple of the other beaches along the coast and take some pictures and just see what they were really all about.  Naturally, this was cut short by Colleen's fear of crabs and flying insects so we eventually just headed back to our climate controlled room.
Watch out for those killer crabs!

That evening we again had dinner at another of the generic, Thai-Western restaurants along Haad Salad.  Such crappy food, but such magnificent views.  I must also say I am proud that I finally ate Thai food that evening.  Yes, I am a role model for children everywhere, I know.

Dinner with a view if I say so myself.

So long Koh Phangan.

~Brentski~

No comments:

Post a Comment