Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 58- When Returning A Damaged Vehicle, Always Make Sure Your "Getaway-Moped-With-A-Sidecar-Taxi" Is Laying In Wait

While I was rather enjoying the slow, laid-back, bug-infested life in Ban Krut, Colleen had seen enough.  So that morning we had our final breakfast at what appeared to be a now empty resort.  As expected, the breakfast meats were grossly undercooked and I took this as my cue to wrap the sausages and ham in a plastic bag for the local stray dogs.  Without missing a beat, I was quickly joined on my final beach stroll by my nature loving girlfriend a couple of the local stray dogs who were apparently not as adverse to eating raw pig-based products as I was.  After breakfast I went back to our room for one final round of spider bashing before it was time for the missy and I to head out.

"Well, since my girlfriend is afraid of the crabs, you'll do mutt"


With checkout time looming, Colleen and I were both afraid what might happen to our wallets, as we had to return our motorbike rental.  Some of you may recall that in the previous day's events we had an incident where Colleen wanted to learn how to drive and promptly laid out the bike on the ground with the throttle floored!  There were definitely some noticeable scratches on the bike and the one handlebar, was how shall I say this, "fucked up".  Being the geniuses that we are, when it was time to checkout we made sure to park the motorbike at the back of the (empty) parking lot.  Not suspicious at all if you ask me.  For some reason, the Motorized Vehicle Gods were smiling down on us that morning and the resort manager did not inspect the bike before we left.  He handed me back my passport which was being held as a deposit and I knew that he did not have any of my credit card details.  Believe me when I say we couldn't get in that cab to the train station fast enough!

Once free and clear of the resort, we caught a train further south down the coast to the coastal city of Chumphon.  The train was not surprisingly crappy, which is disturbing considering it was advertised as one of the better "high-class" trains.  Hmmm.  A couple hours later, without any real incidences we arrived at our destination where we would be spending a couple of days before making our way out to the much more famous island destinations of Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui.  We weren't really sure that there was anything to do in Chumphon, but all Colleen knew was that we were staying in a "Western Hotel" (Novotel Chumphon) in a room with a Jacuzzi and what might quite possibly have been the world's largest bed.  Yup, the princess was getting her way.  No $5-a-night, urine stained, non-air conditioned, bug infested rooms for us. 
I'm sure, this place is only $5 a night.
 
Who am I kidding, this bed is fucking paradise!
Seeing as how there is absolutely nothing to do in Chumphon, we spent the night hanging out around the resort, eating at a nice restaurant, and watching our big screen cable/satellite TV.  Yup, roughing it, just as I had intended!

~Brentski~

No comments:

Post a Comment